insight/220: Can't build Insight on cygwin

>Number:         220
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       Can't build Insight on cygwin
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Apr 22 14:43:00 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Dave Thomas
>Release:        unknown-1.0
Trying to build from development sources to pick up Tcl8.4 for a cygwin version of Insight (rather that doing the patch thing).

I configure in a seperate build directory using ../../src/configure --prefix=/usr/local.

Everything appears to configure fine, but when I try compiling (using make in the build directory), a failure occurs when attempting to build bfd.

Apparently, a libtool has been built that tries to use "lib" when libtool --mode=link is used.  I tried setting up the PATH environment variable so that the Microsoft "lib" tool is in the path (and the dll it required).  Now bfd builds O.K., but when gdb tries to link it doesn't find the libbfd.a it's looking for (a .lib was built instead).  gdb is also looking for libopcodes.a when a .lib was built there also.

>How-To-Repeat:
Build bfd on a cygwin platform.