insight/225: Cygwin-gdb can't find linker symbol for virtual table

>Number:         225
>Category:       insight
>Synopsis:       Cygwin-gdb can't find linker symbol for virtual table
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Wed May 07 17:53:00 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     jjulin
>Release:        GNU gdb 2003-03-03-cvs (cygwin-special)
Many useless and annoying dialog boxes appear when using the watch window to debug member variables of a class which contain a virtual destructor.   Each dialog box says "can't find linker symbol for virtual table".

I've only been able to replicate this problem on cygwin!  This does not happen on linux boxes, but every cygwin box I've used duplicates this error.  This points to an error in the cygwin-gdb code (I've already posted to the cygwin board), but insight handles this so poorly I thought I'd post to this board as well.

See the How-to-repeat section.  It's really easy to duplicate on cygwin.
>How-To-Repeat:
// There are 3 steps:
// step 1.  create this file:
class Object
{
public:
    int x,y,z;
    double a,b,c;
    virtual ~Object() { }
};

int main()
{
    Object * obj = new Object;
}

//step 2. on cygwin, build using:
    g++ -g -o josh josh.cpp

//step 3.  on cygwin, run insight open the "watch window".
// view Object's member variables.  A ton of dialog
// boxes should spew at you.
//