Re: insight/281: Can't compile insight

The following reply was made to PR insight/281; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com>
To: insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: insight/281: Can't compile insight
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 09:03:48 -0800

 [Grr. Server rejected my reply because the subject was UTF-8 encoded.
 This is just a copy of my original note.]

 You're build output is still showing -fwritable-strings. Where did you
 download insight? If you run the following command, does it agree with
 what my system returns?

 $ cd src; grep -r writable-strings tcl tk itcl libgui
 tcl/unix/dltest/configure.in:#   TCL_CFLAGS=-fwritable-strings
 itcl/CHANGES:  - added George Howlett's test for "gcc", so that
 "-fwritable-strings"
 itcl/CHANGES:  "-fwritable-strings" option is no longer necessary for
 GCC and
 libgui/ChangeLog:       * configure.ac: Remove -fwritable-strings from
 CFLAGS.

 What does the output of "grep ac_cv_c_tclconfig
 $BUILD_DIR/libgui/config.cache" say? Is it picking up the one from the
 build?

 Keith