Re: insight/274: Insight cannot show source in source view

The following reply was made to PR insight/274; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Kip Warner" <Kip@thevertigo.com>
To: insight-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: insight/274: Insight cannot show source in source view
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:43:03 -0800

 Nope, it doesn't look like a GDB bug. I understand that Insight is just the frontend for GDB, but I think there are still complications in the way it is communicating with it. Look at this pic:

 http://thevertigo.com/temp/thing2.png

 The console on the upper left side is my binary running under gdb.exe. I am able to "list" source no problem. The other windows is the same binary running under Insight. Every source code module can be listed only as an assembly listing. If I open the console dialog box in Insight and enter "list", it fails to work.

 To execute gdb or insight on my program, I run the following:

 "C:\Dev\Debuggers\Insight\MinGW GDB 6.3.50\bin\gdb.exe" --readnow --se="C:\Projects\Agni\dist\bin\aa.exe" --directory="C:\Projects\Agni\src\AgniAssembler\"

 Where "gdb.exe" can be replaced with "insight.exe" to run the GUI instead.

 Hope that helps.

 --
 Kip Warner
 Vertigo