Re: insight/291: Multiple users impact each other when debugging with insight in the same Linux.

Synopsis: Multiple users impact each other when debugging with insight in the same Linux.

Responsible-Changed-From-To: unassigned->kseitz
Responsible-Changed-By: kseitz
Responsible-Changed-When: Thu Nov 30 23:19:01 2006
Responsible-Changed-Why:
    mine
State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: kseitz
State-Changed-When: Thu Nov 30 23:19:01 2006
State-Changed-Why:
    I thought I responded to this, but maybe that was on the mailing list. Anyway, the trick is to disable Insight's IPC option. It is really quite unnerving to me that this was implemented that way, but it was. I don't consider it very useful, anyway, so I never even noticed the problem. Change Preferences->Advanced...->IPC Support and disable it. Alternative to change it for everyone (by default -- users with a preference file will still need to disable it manually), edit $INSTALLDIR/share/insight1.0/prefs.tcl and change the setting on the line that starts "pref define gdb/ipc/enabled" to "0".

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=insight&pr=291