INSIGHT: with GNU cross-compilers.

I have tried out Insight on a Cygwin installation and think it is great
(probably not quite as powerful as DDD at this stage but at least I
don't need an X Server running).  This makes it easy for my non-unix
savy colleagues.

I have compiled egcs-1.1.2 as a powerpc-eabi cross compiler hosted on
Linux and also hosted on cygwin.  Can Insight be used as a frontend to
powerpc-eabi-gdb ?  I've done this with DDD and Linux so I was hoping
Insight would do something similar (especially in the Win32
environment).

I believe that Insight is written in tk/tcl which I believe are
scripting languages.  But the cygwin version has a .exe entension and is
a binary file.  I am misunderstanding something but I'm not sure what it
is.  I thought that tk uses the "wish" interpreter.  Can someone set me
straight on this ?

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.