Re: Mingw32

James Ingham <jingham@cygnus.com> writes:

> Yeah, that's what I guessed.  Converting the remote stuff would not be
> all that hard, in that most of this stuff is somewhat layered out in
> gdb.  On the other hand, THAT is what we mostly use Cygwin for, 'cause
> it means we don't have to write Windows code in gdb to handle the
> transport layer for remote debugging.  You could do it, but I guess
> that I don't really see the point.  Cygwin works fine for this, and
> converting to Mingw for these functions would probably just involve
> ripping code out of Cygwin and stuffing it in gdb, which is not wise
> for code maintainance...

I agree entirely. I needed a Mingw native debugger to debug Cygwin
startup/runtime, and starting getting requests for a native debugger
from mingw gcc who didn't want to download yet another DLL.

Looking at my current schedule, I guess I'll simply ask mingw users
to use Cygwin port, and I can help by repackaging the whole bit in
native format and including cygwin dll.

Regards,
Mumit