Re: Problems with Insight & ARM Angell

Andy Hare wrote:

>     I have compiled the latest Insight (07/12/99) to target the ARM
> processor under NT and cygwin b20.1. The simulator runs fine without any
> problems but the connect to an RDI target (ATMEL EB01 development board
> running ANGEL) never returns. I get the signup messages from ANGEL but
> control does not return.

Hi Andy,

Please download the latest cygwin1.dll snapshot from our site.
gdb should be able to connect properly to the board after you upgrade
your dll.

>     I have a copy of the ecos toolset for ARM and have added the patches
> from Grant Edwards, re-compiled and this works after a fashion, it does
> actually allow the code to be loaded onto the development board, but will
> not step, continue does however work.

What exactly do you mean by "will not step"?

BTW, the latest gdb snapshot has Grant's patches incorporated.

>     So I know that GDB will talk to the board and run, but I would really
> like to get insight working, is there anything I can do to find out where it
> is failing and thus help the development effort. If anyone can point me at
> the next step then I will try it and get back to you all.

At least a few of us are using it with no major problems.
Please let me know if you still have problems after the updates.
You can e-mail me directly.  Please send me the exact versions of what
compiler, gdb, cygwin dll you are using.  What you see on your screen
will also help.

Regards,
Fernando

--