Re: Hangings on fast step pressing

Fernando Nasser wrote:
I am not sure I understand your environment.  On the message you sent to the list you  posted the output of a native
HPUP 10.10 (hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20) gdb.  Here you are talking about BDM which is something that resides on a Motorola PPC
board.
    For some mysterious reason you and Laurent Duperval connect my message to another one with HPUP!?! I have never seen this computer in my life, so.....
I am led to conclude that you run on a HPUX 10.20 box but you connect it to a board  using the "target ocd" command,
isn't it right?  Or, due to the "rptoxy" server you use "target remote" instead?

Note that this is a very unusual behavior and that most probably the problem is in the part of the code that gets
requests from gdb and handles responses from the target.  If they are not coded correctly, they lose sync at some
point.  In this case, the rptoxy server is a good candidate as I never heard any complains of a similar problem with the
standard gdb setup.

    Thanks a lot, we shall search the problem there.
P.S.: I can only answer messages that you post on the list and the reply must be public as well. I hope you understand.
    Thousands of excuses. netscape's reply command addresses the first name and doesn't  insert CC. My fault.
--

Dr. Leon M.Pollak
Director