Unable to select previously selected frame

Sometimes I get a dialog that says: "Unable to select previously
selected frame".  What does this mean?  Do I really need to know it?

I am given the option to never see "SEGV" messages again in that
dialog.  Could this feature be added to the "unable to select" dialog?

BTW the "never see..." feature only works for the current session.
I'd like it to be saved across sessions.

Tom