Re: How to block local variables?

Leon Pollak wrote:

> At 11:29 24/04/00 -0700, you wrote:
> >Leon,
> >
> >You are right about how Insight updates local variables.  The only
> >way to stop this is to close the local variables window.  You can use
> >the Watch window to selectively watch particular variables instead.
>          Jim, please, excuse me to return to this, but the window was
> closed and all my experiments show (I know that this may be incorrect, but
> still...) that the window is updated (or the corresponding data is
> retrieved?) even been closed. May it be?
>          Once more, excuses.

Um, I don't think so. GDB does, however, update the register cache every
time the inferior's state changes. To see how much data is flying around
over a remote connection, use the remotedebug or remotelog variables:
these will show you exactly what's going on at the protocol level
(provided your target uses gdb's remote protocol).

Why chat when you can Firetalk?
Firetalk ID: Keith (10320)
www.firetalk.com