Re: Using Insight with another version/build of gdb

> Insight is integrated into the gdb core.  DDD works by communicating
> with a separate gdb process.  IMNSHO, the Insight method is far
> superior.

Can I replace the "gdb" and related subdirectories in the
source with corresponding patched 4.18 directories and expect
the rest of Insight to work fine?

The only reason I wan to use Insight instead of ddd
is to get it working under cygwin (without X).
Any GUI support is better than working with the
bare commandline (as it exists today for the
m68k-palmos-coff build).

> Too bad.  You should work on integrating your gdb patches into the
> main line.  That is the best thing for everybody.

I am only a user of the product. Moreover the patches, as it
exists today, aren't GNU friendly, I heard.  The maintainers
are working on integrating the patches back to the main
GNU source. But that won't be available anytime soon.

Thanks for your time.
--
Hari.