Finish [was: Insight Bug?]

Paul_Heijman@eu.omron.com wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I encountered the following, of what I think is a bug of Insight:
>
> When I use the 'finish' button to complete a function, Insight apparently uses
> breakpoints for this (they are hidden someway).
> The problem is that when I press the 'continue' button afterwards, the 'hidden
> breakpoint' GDB used for the 'finish' function, is still there.
> Result: the program stops again.
>
> I hope I explained the problem well enough for you, if I didn't, let me know.
>
> Here are the details:
> - GDB: 20000105
> - OS: i586-pc-cygwin (WINNT)
> - TARGET: m68k-coff
>
> I tried it in GDB with -nw option:
> (...)
> This works - that is, the application stays running without breaking on the end
> of the functions you see in the stack above.
> It must be an Insight bug then.

Is anyone else seeing a similar problem with the "finish" button?
I would like very much to know if this happens in some other platform besides
Paul's cross m68k?

So far we know it does not happen with the command line interface.
Please let me know if it fails in yours and what is your host and target.

Thanks.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com