Re: Remote Debugging Revisited

Michael Crowe wrote:

> Then I fire up gdb(i.e. Insight) on my host and try to use target remote
> from the gdb console to connect, the target display then a line that
> says "remote debugging using beru:2345.  All of this seems good, but
> then when I get to the Insight window, I cannot list the program or run
> it, or anything.

The "remote debugging using..." message doesn't really mean much,
unfortunately. This just means that gdb was able to open the specified
transport layer (in your case ethernet connection to your gdbserver). So
we need to get more information.

I recommend running gdb in command line mode (foo-bar-gdb -nw) and
turning on remote debugging (set remotedebug 1). This will give you more
explicit information on what is causing problems for gdb (we hope). If
you're running on unix, you could use tcpdump to see if there is any
communication going on between your host and the remote machine, too.
There is probably something similar for Windows somewhere, but I haven't
a clue what it is or where to get it. (I know of serial sniffers, but
not ethernet.)

Try the remotedebug thing and let us know what gdb says.(What's your
host, again?)
Why chat when you can Firetalk?
Firetalk ID: Keith (10320)
www.firetalk.com