Re: prompt in console window

Keith,

> The trick that Insight uses to turn this off is "set height 0", which
> tells gdb that the window height is zero lines high. This can be
> overridden by setting it to some number, but I just tried it in a recent
> snapshot, and it did exactly what I thought it would: it works as
> expected, but the message "---Type <return>..." appears in the
> controlling terminal, not in the console window. (Which reminds me, why
> haven't we closed stdout???)

Because we still haven't gotten Tom's hack to launch the inferior in an
XTerm into the sources.  So we leave stdout & stdin for the inferior to use.
Using the console for this is not good, since it is a Tk text widget, and
doesn't understand all the coolo junk you can do to terminals...

Maybe somebody who is still working on Insight can just slide this in and
see if it breaks.

Jim