Re: Hi,

(I don't know why I can't quote your original messages... HTML?)

Anyways, here it is:

 I did the install a week ago from the cygnus site.  The win98 "start menu" shows
 it as cygwin 1.1.0, but the downloaded tar.gz file shows it as 1.1.2.

Humm, this may have been an oversight. I will tell Cygwin people about it.
It doesn't hurt a thing though.

 I did "make install" from the insight directory. This ran to completion and put
 many files (and sub dirs) into the "cygwin\usr\local\share" directory.  gdb.exe
 itself is not moved anywhere.

Ken, you must go through the building instructions and the manual again.
A cross gdb will have an installed name that reflects the target platform.
The installed gdb will be m68k-elf-gdb.  Try it.  But before you do, look at
the following item.

 The gdb.exe wants the previously listed cyg*.dll files to run.  I had to manually
 locate these and copy them to a directory with gdb.exe. This didnt seem like a
 great thing to have to do, but it allowed the exe to run, otherwise it popped up a
 message box saying it could not find xxxx.dll.

This way you make absolutely certain thins will go wrong.  You must ensure, by all
means, that you don't have two copies of the DLL anywhere in your system.  And please
note that they can be found in so many forms that the best way to ensure things
won't go wrong is having exactly one copy in your system (renaming to xxxx_dll, with
the underscore character also works.  adding things after the dll do not; deleting
the copies is safer).

Use the Find Windows utility to get rid of duplicates.

Use the "cygcheck -s" command to be sure the right ones are being picked.
If you need more help and post again, include that output as it may help.

But before posting, please, take a second look at the documentation: cygwin
and gdb.

Good luck!

--
Fernando Nasser