Re: modal dialog boxes

Nicholas_Karagas@cirilium.com wrote:

> Hello again...
>
> This time my problem is with modal dialog boxes (modal.tcl).  How can I
> pass the on_top parameter to the post method of ModalDialog?  For instance,
> I want the ignorable warning message dialog boxes (warning.tcl) to always
> pop to the top, or else they can get covered by another Insight window, and
> there's problems (this is all under NT, btw).  I tried making the "after
> 500 keep_raised $top" in ModalDialog::post unconditional, and this works
> great for the warning dialogs, but it breaks the combo boxes in the target
> selection dialog box (and probably numerous other places).  Can anyone
> help?

Ummm... You mean you want to ModalDialog::post to execute the "after 500
keep_raised $top" stuff?? Tcl has default values, just like C++.
ModalDialog::post is declared as:

class ModalDialog {
  public method post {{on_top 0}} {}
}

This is the same as the following in C++:
class ModalDialog
{
   public:
   void post (bool on_top = false};