Re: Does Insight Actually work or is it just an alpha orpre-alpha?

Before anything else, please try a post 5.0 version of gdb and the latest
CygWin snapshot.  There was a mismatch between the handling of reversed bars
at some point and not finding files is typical.

Please make sure you got rid of all previous versions of cygwin1.dll (the same
for the Tcl ones etc).  Take them out of your disk or change the .dll portion
to something like _dll (they are found in more places that one could expect).
Make sure you're using the latest version of everything (shell included).

Try the "cygcheck -s" command to verify that cygwin is using the right stuff.

You should be able to use gdb and Insight as everybody else.
However, I use it on NT 4.0 SP3.  As far as I know it also works on Win95
but I have never personally used it in that (I could never kept Win95 to
freeze my system less than 4 times a day, so I switched to NT).

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd.                     E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com