Can't get "run" button to work

Hi all, me again...

I'm running a patched 20000828 snapshot, and I've gotten the
RDI target to work fine as long as the console window is used
to load and start the program, but I can't get it to work using
the "run" button.  However, the apps guys are stricly
button-clickers -- they're going to turn their noses up if
asked to type commands at the gdb prompt.

I've tried using "target settings" that do nothing but attach
to the target and issue a command.  Gdb is attaching to the
target, but it doesn't seem to be issuing the command
configured in "target settings".

If I set up the target hardware by hand before starting gdb, I
can get the app to run with with the "run" button, but when I
stop it with the "stop" button, there is no symbol info in gdb.

Why does it always complain about no-symbol-file when I bring
up the "target settings" dialog?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com