Re: Can't get "run" button to work

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 05:13:16PM -0400, Fernando Nasser wrote:

> > The one thing I've left to try is to re-write the "after
> > attach" command so that that it initializes the hardware, then
> > downloads/runs the memconfig program without using symbols.
> > I'd have to hard-wire a break point, but that program never
> > changes, so it might work...
> >
> Humm... would a "before attach" help?  Just thinking aloud...

I don't think so.  My problem was that the symbols were loaded before the
"after attach" command.  One of the commands in my "after attach" macro was
replacing the symbols, so that when the program was actually run, the wrong
set of symbols was being used.  I changed the "after attach" macro so it
doesn't use symbols.  What would have made things simpler in my case would
have been change the order of events from

  load-symbols -> attach -> after-attach -> load-target -> run

  load-symbols -> attach -> after-attach -> load-symbols -> load-target -> run

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com