Re: Cannot run from build directory

Jim Ingham wrote:

> Duane,
>

> > You basically have to install the entire thing.... you have no choice.
> >
> > It's *NOT* something you are going to easily be able to fix.
> >
> > there are some shell variables, TCL_LIB... or something like that you
> > can use to point to a directory or two... but that does not solve the
> > "pre-install" layout -vrs- "post-install" layout of files.
> >
> > -Duane, who has been there and done that.
> >
> > http://www.franklin.com/ebookman (see what I've been doing)
>
> Nooo...
>
> I worked really hard to make it so you can run Insight from the build
> directory.  I also had to fix it a whole bunch of times pver the past couple
> of years.  I am no longer in the business of doing this, and it seems it has
> broken again.  Just keep bugging Syd et al, and I am sure they will fix it
> sooner or later.  This really should work.

It works fine on Linux.  It is broken on Cygwin (probably one of those path-style
conversions missing).

There was a bug (I fixed last night) that would cause trouble if your source tree
had both itcl/iwidgets2.2.0 and itcl/iwidgets3.0.0 which was hurting Syd but
apparently has nothing to do with the Windows case.

It is my list of things to fix.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat Canada Ltd.                     E-Mail:  fnasser@cygnus.com