Re: Icons for windows...

Jim Ingham wrote:

> For now, I think that you have to use the "winico" extension.  There is =
> some discussion on the Tcl Core mailing list about incorporating that =
> functionality into the wm command, and how to do this, etc...  But for =
> now, if you want to get icons into the Windows start bar, you need to =
> use winico.  BTW, I have never used it, so I don't know how good it is, =
> but it seems to get a lot of use in the community, and people seem =
> generally happy with it.

Urm...I think there is a miscommunication somewhere.
As I understand the bug report, most gdb windows are
not given any sort of icon to display when iconized,
even on Unix.  Of course, different systems use the
icon differently, but I can't seem to define a full-
color icon (a gif is what I have to work with) as the
icon for a given window in a generic and portable
fashion.  It's not just a windows issue.

I'm not familar with winico, but it doesn't sound
like something that would help me in Linux.  Have
I missed something?

--
 .-.    .-. .---. .---. .-..-. | "Bill Gates is just a monocle
 | |__ / | \| |-< | |-<  >  /  | and a Persian Cat away from
 `----'`-^-'`-'`-'`-'`-' `-'   | being one of the bad guys in a
       My opinions only.       | James Bond movie." -- D Miller