Re: More questions about DDD and Insight

"Berg Hawkins" <bhawkins@pcmagic.net> writes:

> Is there an RPM package of Insight for newbies to install on Redhat 6.1?
>
> I went to the main ftp site and found something called DEJAGDB mixed in with
> the  Insight package, what is it?

I don't know.

> As I understand, DDD requires Motif or Lesstif, is there no easy way to get
> it to run under Gnome?

GNOME is a collection of libraries and applications which use them.
It's not a replacement for X.  You should certainly be able to run DDD
(or kdbg, a KDE front-end to gdb) whatever other X applications you're
running.

> Do I need GCC 5.0 to run Insight or can I make do with the GDB that
> comes with Redhat 6.1?

Unlike DDD and other front-ends to gdb, Insight *is* gdb.  It doesn't
use any other gdb you might have on your system.  (Depending on the
packaging, an RPM might replace an existing gdb; however, that's not
very likely, I think.)

--
Bruce Stephens			Bruce.Stephens@MessagingDirect.com
MessagingDirect(UK) Ltd		<URL:http://www.MessagingDirect.com/>