Re: comment in managedwin.itb

Keith Seitz wrote:

> Syd Polk wrote:
> >
> > At 01:57 PM 11/28/00 -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
> > >I see this code in managedwin.itb:
> > >
> > >   # I don't understand this next line and no one commented it, so it's gone.
> > >   #focus -force [focus -lastfor $top]
> > >
> > >   focus $top
> > >

> > >I think I probably wrote the commented-out code.  Finding who
> > >commented it out was annoying (most copies of the code in CVS were
> > >made by people who obviously weren't the author), but I think it was
> > >Jim Ingham.
>
> It could have been me, too. I don't recall anymore... In any case, I
> thought that this screwed up certain dialogs, TargetSelection in
> particular. (Or maybe it did this just on windows??? Or when something
> went awry...)
>
> Anyway, I've said something now so it's in the archives. Maybe we'll
> find out why this was done later. Perhaps there is some context in the
> changelog?

Unfortunately the comment did not mention what was broken and where.

IMO, although it is a very boring task, we should try to research all the possible
sources before turning this on again (we would do it if the research fails
and re-learn it the hard way -- probably through a regression).  Unless the
current code is causing some other annoyance, in which case we have no choice but
to try different things (it is broken one way or another).

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com