Re: Running Insight from CVS

Fernando Nasser wrote:

> Larry Smith wrote:

> > Worked for me, too, until yesterday.  Then I started
> > getting the complaint:

> Weird.  Is there any recent ChangeLog entry related to configure.in,
> Makefile.in ?

Nope.  Checked for that.  At least, in the
top level directory, which is where those
files are.

> > > What was the configuration line that you've used?
> >
> > ../cvs/src/configure --prefix="/home/larry/rhwork/install"
> > --exec-prefix="/home/larry/rhwork/install"
> >
> > > have you specified both --prefix and --exec-prefix or just --prefix?
> >
> > Nope, both.
> >

> The only difference between yours and mine is that I add "H-i686-pc-linux-gnu"
> to the end of my --exec-prefix path.
>
> Maybe, somewhere, someone makes use of ".." to look for things relative to
> "exec-prefix" and fails if they are at the same level.  Note that the default
> is at the same level, but is normally refered to as an absolute path.

Plausible.

> > > Where does your "install" program came from?
> >
> > Just "make install"
> >

> I meant the "install" program.

Must be later than I thought.  It's the standard
RH 6.2 one: install (GNU fileutils) 4.0

> Don't think this is the problem though, unless something changed in your system
> installation recently (an upgrade perhaps?)

No, nothing like that (that would've been my first
thought).  I'm still pending an upgrade to 7-no-dot-0,
but haven't had time with the press of crs needing to
be done.

> > > Have you looked at the log to see if there is any message from install about
> > > not being able to create a link?
> >
> > I saw no complaints in the scroll.
> >

> There is too much output.  You may use "tee" next time you "make install" so you
> can search the output with emacs, grep or something afterwards.

I did just eyeball the scroll, but I saw nothing that
looked like an error.

> > > Does insight work from the build tree?
> >
> > Hm!  Yes, it does.  Went to the build directory
> > and just did ./gdb.  I disabled the link that made
> > the install version work first, just to be sure.
> >

> That is good.
>
> Any chance you could try --exec-prefix=<path used to --prefix>/H-i686-pc-linux-gnu ?

I'd be happy to, but I'm behind in my week's quota of
crs, so I'd prefer to come back to this issue later,
now that I have a workaround.  With the short week last
week I've really not managed to get anything done besides
get gdb running again...  =(

regards,
--
 .-.    .-. .---. .---. .-..-. | "Bill Gates is just a monocle
 | |__ / | \| |-< | |-<  >  /  | and a Persian Cat away from
 `----'`-^-'`-'`-'`-'`-' `-'   | being one of the bad guys in a
       My opinions only.       | James Bond movie." -- D Miller