Re: Insight and breakpoints

>>>>> "Owen" == Owen Savill <Owen_Savill@cursor-system.com> writes:

Owen> I have been using Insight, with varying degrees of success, for
Owen> a while now. It has always troubled me that breakpoints can't be
Owen> set while the program is running. I now discover that Code Medic
Owen> can set breakpoints on the fly. Will we be seeing this feature
Owen> in Insight ?

How does Code Medic do it?  I can think of two ways.

One way is to stop the inferior, insert the breakpoints, and then
continue.  The GUI could do all of this without the user noticing.

The other way would be to wait until the program next stops and only
then insert the breakpoints.

The first approach is probably better.  My guess is that in the
current Insight framework it would probably be hard to implement
invisibly.

Owen> P.S. I've just submitted two bug reports (insight/63 and 64) as
Owen> a 'net' submitter (I thought that 'spam' might get ignored
Owen> !). Is this okay, or should I take out a user name and re-submit
Owen> them.

That is fine.

Tom