question about breakpoints

Today I've done a bit of work on making my session saving code also
save breakpoints and watchpoints.

I'd really like to access the `exp_string' and `addr_string' fields of
gdb's `struct breakpoint'.  Currently the Tcl interface gives me no
way to do that.

What is the preferred fix here?  One idea would be to introduce a new
Tcl command, like `gdb_get_breakpoint_info_x" (x == "extended", a
MS-esque naming choice).  Another idea might be to update
gdb_get_breakpoint_info (and all callers -- you can see why I might be
reluctant to do this).

Maybe there is another choice I'm missing?

I'm a bit concerned about the ad hoc nature of the gdb-specific Tcl
commands implemented in C.  There are a lot of these, but we need
more, and there doesn't seem to be any coherent guidelines governing
how they should act.  It leaves me questioning the long-term viability
of this approach.

I know the long term plan is to use MI and have gdbtk be a separate
process.  That's fine.  But even then we need some API to gdb.
Changing APIs during this transition is going to be very hard if there
is a lot of ad hoc code to update, especially when you consider that
this will have to be done on top of solving the other problems
inherent in the two-process approach.

Tom