Re: question about breakpoints

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Keith> Of course, there is an argument here to be made that we should
> Keith> restructure gdbtk commands to look more like tcl commands,
> Keith> i.e., "breakpoint set", "breakpoint enable", "breakpoint
> Keith> disable", "breakpoint info", etc. Just a thought. :-)
>
> This would be nice.  Consider if you are setting a breakpoint right
> now from Tcl.  I don't think there is an easy way to find the number
> of the breakpoint you just created (eg if you want to immediately
> disable it).  In the session loading code I assume it is the highest
> numbered breakpoint.  This is ugly though.  A real `breakpoint'
> command could just return this info without much fuss.

Well, some of us have a devious plan to have a Tcl script language to gdb
(although others want GUILE, other Perl, others something else).
These script languages will be calling "libgdb" functions.  But this
is subject for another list and it is not the proper time either.  There is
some ground work to be done before that is possible.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com