Re: insight crash

Fernando Nasser wrote:

> The stack trace you posted (although incomplete) seems to indicate
> that there was a problem reading the symbols of a C++ program.
>
> Why don't you try calling GDB with the "-nw" parameter and see if it
> crashes or not?  This way we can confirm where the problem lies.
>
> Fernando
>
> P.S.: Was this C++ program generated with g++?  Which version?

GDB (insight) with -nw ran fine with the program I'm trying to debug.

The program I'm debugging is compiled with 'gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red
Hat Linux 7.0)'.
The executable is nearly 3Mb.  It's linked with ViewKit (a c++ app framework
for motif) motif, and X.

I also tried GDB with another program I've compiled recently - gnomine, the
mines game which is part of gnome-games-1.2.0-9.src.rpm.  On this GDB (no
-nw) starts but only displays a blank source window.

Barry