insight and existing gdb, tcl/tk

Hello,

After downloading both tarballs (gdb-5.0 and insight -5.0) from
'ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/gdb/releases/', I realized that I only
needed to download the insight tarball.  Unfortunately the README on
that ftp site does not mention that at all!

Now my question is how do I make/install the insight-only part of the
insight tarball?  My main concern is that I already have tcl/tk 8.3
installed and do not want it to get stepped on by the tcl/tk 8.1(?) that
is part of the insight tarball.  Documentation was very light in this
tarball, so I am really unsure about the build process.  Is it smart
enough not to rebuild existing items via the configure command or the
makefiles?

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
Scott