Re: insight printf problems

Stuart Allman wrote:

> I neglected to mention one more piece of information.  When I invoke gdb
> (insight) from the cygwin bash shell or the dos prompt, printf() works
> properly.  When I start up gdb by clicking on the debug button in source
> navigator, it does not.  What is the difference between these two gdb
> startup methods?

Essential piece of information :-)

When start Insight from the bash shell it has a controlling console.
When you start it from Source Navigator it has not.

I don't know what is there with Win98 -- this seems to work on both NT
and Win2000. I don't have any Win98 system left to reproduce this here.

Although is not so convenient, maybe you will have to start your Insight
from outside Source Navigator for now.

Thanks for reporting this though.  I think we need to add this (and
similar cases) to a known problems list.

--
Fernando Nasser
2323 Yonge Street, Suite #300