Re: [RFA] debug cleanup

"Martin M. Hunt" wrote:

> Here's a cleanup patch to eliminate some of the junk in the debug window.
>
> All debug functions print the functions name, so {debug "srcwin::start"}
> would print "srcwin::start srcwin::start"

Yes, I have been removing this one by one, when I work with the code, but I never had the time to go around chasing them.

I believe in some ancient time the "debug" facility did not print the function name.

> "debug" is just for informational/tracing use.  Errors and warning should
> use "dbug" so the debug window can display and filter accordingly.

THis I know for sure: dbug was added later (I remember someone telling me that it was added).  So the debug use for errors is probably mostly from before that was added.

> The debug window is now called "Insight Debug" instead of GDBTK.

Good catch.

> 2001-02-06  Martin Hunt  <hunt@redhat.com>
>
>         * library/debugwin.itb: Change window name to "Insight Debug"
>
>         * library/embeddedwin.ith: Fix debug messages.
>         * library/locals.tcl: Ditto.
>         * library/watch.tcl (postMenu): Ditto.
>         * library/variables.tcl: Ditto.
>         * library/regwin.itb: Ditto.