Re: Insight 5.0 under Windows 2000

Hello Charles,

I'm trying to use the Insight 5.0 under Windows NT 2000 unsuccessfully, on the
same computer with Windows 98 or Linux Red Hat it's work, but I can't communicate
between Insight under Cygwin on the Win2000, my configuration is :
Insight 5.0 , Cygwin, an board with ARM Angel 1.2 connected on Com1: at 19200,8,n,1

I'm surprised it works at all! I have never got insight to start up under Windows 98, there are problems starting the tcl stuff. It is not supported under Windows 98.

In any case, there are known problems with Angel to GDB communications in gdb and insight 5.0. If you download the latest CVS, these problems are largely resolved.

In the meantime you can try running at 9600, which is much more likely to work (but will still be unreliable!)

=== Lewin A.R.W. Edwards (Embedded Engineer)
Work: http://www.digi-frame.com/
Personal: http://www.zws.com/ and http://www.larwe.com/

"Und setzet ihr nicht das Leben ein,
Nie wird euch das Leben gewonnen sein."