Re: [RFA] New Event Model Prototype

Keith Seitz wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Jim Ingham wrote:
>
> > This seems like a good change.  The only thing I wonder about is if
> > there will ever be an agent that needs to listen to notifications that
> > is NOT a GUI element?
>
> Indeed. We already have a case similar to this: the stop button needs to
> know about idle events. There is no GUI or window-specific code in
> GDBWin, so I am making an object for the stop button to use for event
> reporting.
>
> I was hesitant to rename gdbwin.ith (I *hate* deleting files), but, well,
> it seems that it really would be better to call it something like
> GDBEvent or GdbEvent (gdbevent.it[hb]).
>
> I will make the change and repost the change before checking this in.
> (And then I'll start converting other events over to use the same
> mechanism.)

Keith,

Jim's suggestion is to create _another_ new file (gdbevent.it? or
whatever),
not to rename GDBWin.  He even suggested that GDBWin inherits from this,
so the objects that are windows do not have to explicitly get GDBEvents
in.  Conversely, non-windows objects can inherit GDBEvents directly.

Wasn't it that Jim?

Fernando

--
Fernando Nasser