Re: Problems setting a breakpoint in forked process

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Laurent Duperval wrote:

> So how would I go about doing this? I thought I would be able to just add
> give the name of the function where I want to break, but I can't seem to do
> that. It looks to me like the only way to add a breakpoint is if the GUI can
> see that function and list it in the drop down box.

If the file is not listed in the combobox, you can still type it in to
the file entry. This should ask gdb about the file and load it into the
source file. If that doesn't work, you can still (hark!) use the console window to enter
the breakpoint.

Of course if none of that works, you could be looking at a gdb bug...