Problems on insight under cygwin!

Hi:
    I've build insight under cygwin for my m68k target.
    I have some problems.

    1.First I execute m68k-coff-gdb.
       and open a m68k-coff image, but a error occur
        => Error loading "...../test.coff"
            bad offset (0x12264) in compilation unit header(offset 0x0+6)
        The test.coff is workable when running in target.
        So I have no idea about why GDB don't accept the coff image?

   2.Using File->target setting,I set target using Remote/serial,57600,com2.
      and Run->connect to target.
      After a long time,there is a message->"connected successfully".
      But When I ececute a "console_output" command at the target,
      sending a string like "Hello,Insight" to insight.
      I think I should see this string at the console window?
      But nothing there.Do I make any mistake?

   3.I try another method.
      I open insight and use console window to connect to target.
      (gdb)target remote com2
      After long time,the message appear."Ignoring packet error....continue"
      Why?

   4.Because I only see baud setting and com port selection in insight.
      But I set following configuration in target's uart:
      =>baudrate 57600,8-bits data,1 stop-bit,no parity.
      How do I make sure  inshgt on the host can recognize this
configuration at the target?

   5.I've see a message at the ecos-discuss mailing list about ignoring
packet error
      The author said he wired up the connector at the PC end to connect
RTS&CTS,DSR&DTR,
      and permanently enable DCD.Then it works fine?
      What did he mean? Do I need a special serial line?Or I can use common
serial line that buy from store.

Thank very much!
B.R.