Re: multi-line disassembly output

On 18 Apr 2001, Kevin Hilman wrote:

> I'm working on a target that has lots of disassembly output (VLIW
> architecture) and requires multiple lines for each instruction.
> Therefore, there are multiple newlines in the the disassembly output
> for each instruction.
>
> How can I tell insight this so that when I stepi, it goes to the next
> instruction instead of the next line.

Hmmm... I thought that we already handled this case.

The assembly window does not go from line to line. It actually knows what
PC corresponds to which line in the window. It figures out what line to
highlight by asking gdb (via gdb_loc) for the location of the PC, and
then it looks up this PC in an array, which gives it the line number to
highlight.

This means that either the line number mapping is not correct, gdb_loc is
not correct, or that Insight _is_ highlighting exactly what it should.

Could you post a copy of the assembly (from the source window) and jot
down a few notes for us?

I would like to know what happens when you open a console window and type
"p/x $pc" followed by "stepi" and which line (address) is highlighted in
the source window. Do this three or four times.