Re: RPM for insight

On Wed, 16 May 2001, Joshua Schwartz wrote:

>   Is there an RPM that I can use to install insight
> on Redhat 7.0? I'm surprised that the Redhat distribution
> doesn't include it as the guys from Redhat/Cygnus
> maintain it. I think it is worth while to include
> in the future.

Unfortunately, it is not yet possible to distribute Insight in RPM form.
The big problem is that we use our own version of Tcl, Tk, Tix, and Itcl
which support all of our platforms (Unix and Cygwin).

There is work going on right now to "convert" Insight to using almost any
version of Tcl/Tk (>8.0), but that will still be a few months away. It's a
very, very big change.

Until that time, we are stuck with snapshots and the CVS repository.