Re: gdb_get_inferior_args

Fernando,
This did help some. I do have a SESSION.TCL file and the /share/gdbtcl files have a time-stamp of April 28, 2001. I looked in my build directories under /insight-5.0/gdb/gdbtk/generic and found the C sources to be older than April 18, i.e. Feb.6  to Apr. 14. I am assuming that I am looking at the right things per your instructions. I am using the latest "release" of Insight-5.0 and GDB-5.0. How do I correct this problem? Are there snapshots containing newer gdbtk sources that I can grab and build? Do I need to try to isolate the older binaries and somehow update them? Is there something that can be done to CYGWIN?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
John

AMT-Datasouth
jlowen@amtdatasouth.com
http://www.datasouth.com
(704)523-8500 ext. 132

John Lowen wrote:

> I have built a CYGWIN version of Insight for the sh-elf target (Windows 98/CYGWIN host) and it seems to be working ok. The problem that I have is when I try to exit the program via the File/Exit menu or by the close button, I receive the following error:
>
> Error: invalid command name "gdb_get_inferior_args"
>
> I have also successfully built Insight for the same target using a Linux host and it does not exhibit this behavior. I did notice a thread about a patch releated to inferior args and was wondering if it has anything to do with the problem that I am experiencing.
>
> Thanks,
> John

You must have a newer version of the '.tcl' files installed in the $INSTALL/share/gdbtcl directory that is being found by older binaries in your Cygwin system.

Check if you have a file "session.tcl" somewhere in there.  If you have, your C sources in gdbtk/generic must be newer than April 18, 2001 (if not, you have an newer, so incompatible, gdbtcl library installed).

Hope this helps.

--
Fernando Nasser
Red Hat - Toronto                       E-Mail:  fnasser@redhat.com