Re: gdb_get_inferior_args

John Lowen wrote:

> Fernando,
> This did help some. I do have a SESSION.TCL file and the /share/gdbtcl files have a time-stamp of April 28, 2001. I looked in my build directories under /insight-5.0/gdb/gdbtk/generic and found the C sources to be older than April 18, i.e. Feb.6  to Apr. 14. I am assuming that I am looking at the right things per your instructions. I am using the latest "release" of Insight-5.0 and GDB-5.0. How do I correct this problem? Are there snapshots containing newer gdbtk sources that I can grab and build? Do I need to try to isolate the older binaries and somehow update them? Is there something that can be done to CYGWIN?
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks,
> John
>
> AMT-Datasouth
> jlowen@amtdatasouth.com
> http://www.datasouth.com
> (704)523-8500 ext. 132

I wonder how these newer /share/gdbtcl files got in there.  Let me guess: you've installed a recent Cygwin snapshot from the net, right?  It comes with GDB and probably a recent one.  It probably installed them at this place and the GDB that you built yourself (the cross one) is also finding them.

You can make these things co-exist by configuring your GDB passing the --prefix argument to "configure".  You can them install your cross GDB in a separate place and it will (should at least) find its own set of '.tcl' files.  If you add the bin directory of this alternative install tree to your path it will not bother you at all having it installed in a different place.

There were some nice stable snapshots some time ago.  The very recent ones will get the recent restructuring that Keith is doing so they may have (or not) some glitches.  If you browse through the list archives you'll see people mentioning that they grabbed snapshot XXXXXX and that things are fine.  See if you still can get one of those.

Good luck,
Fernando