Re: Patch: document sessions

> >> This patch adds some rudimentary documentation for sessions.  Is
> >> this ok to check in?
>
> Fernando> Yes!
>
> Done.
>
> Fernando> I believe you.  What about GIFs though?  Can we include GIFs
> Fernando> in texinfo documents?  It is just a TeX variant isn't it?
>
> Texinfo is a TeX variant, but I don't think it looks much like TeX.
> Anyway you can have images.  There is an @image{} command.

Yes, the document I just posted was built using texinfo.  I've also a
hypertext PDF file if you want.  The output is pretty good.

The problem is creating that output (I suspect this is what Keith was
refering to).  You can find yourself having to climb over all sorts of
hurdles just to build the document.  Depending on the input files used
and the final output used you may need to install all sorts of querky
and obscure utilities.  For instance given a .fig file (created using
xfig :-) would need to convert it into .pdf for PDF, .eps for DVI/PS
and .jpg for HTML.

	Andrew

PS: GNU projects do not use GIF's.