Re: Tcl/Tk 8.3 upgrade...

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:18:30 -0700 (PDT)
Keith Seitz <keiths@cygnus.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Ian Roxborough wrote:
> >    gdb.gdbtk/srcwin.exp: variable balloon test (srcwin-5.1)
>
> If all else fails, do what I do: run the test, but put messageboxes and
> sleeps around the test to isolate it and see what is going on... :-)
>
> > Are they any "how to reproduce" steps for the tests?  I tried what
> > I thought the test was checking for (hold the mouse pointer
> > over a variable and wait to see the balloon containing the variables
> > value), but this worked, so I don't really know why this test is
> > failing.
>
> The variable balloon tests use a function in libgui to warp the cursor.
> Perhaps this no longer works...

Hmmm, I'll keep that in mind when looking for the problem.

> Are we really replacing the call to tcl_findLibrary in Tcl? Ouch... Well,
> I understand WHY we are doing it (so that we can run from the build
> directory), but there must surely be better ways to do it.

This isn't needed to run the gdbtk testsuit.  All I needed to do was add
a setenv ITK_LIBRARY to get gdbtk and the testsuit running from the build
directory.  This is problem there for some reason that left the code a few
years ago.

> In either case, I don't like using the name "gdb1.0". If you go this
> route, please use insight1.0 or gdbtk1.0.

Yeah.  I was purely basing the name on the library name and parameters
passed to tcl_findLibrary.  It was mangling them to gdb1.0, I think
something like .../share/gdbtk1.0 would be more appropriate.

So, I'll make these changes into a patch and get back to you guys.
(Hey, I guess I should test it on something else other than linux ppc
as well.)

Thanks,

  Ian.
--