Re: Tcl/Tk 8.3 upgrade...

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:33:54 -0700 (PDT)
Keith Seitz <keiths@cygnus.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Ian Roxborough wrote:
>
> > I'm finding yet more and more local changes to Tcl to make it play nicely
> > with Insight running from the build directory (the ones for launching
> > Tcl in tclInitScript.h).
>
> :-(

Yeah, everything look great until I found these hacks.

> > Is anybody going to mind if I install a script at build time to run
> > gdb out of the build directory.  Maybe call it run-insight.sh or something.
> > Everything works other than typing ./gdb in the build directory,
> > I'm not sure if this is worth all the code changes vs. a 7 line
> > shell script.
>
> I wouldn't like that, to be honest. That would mean I would have to
> install insight before I can debug it...

No it wouldn't, it would mean that when you do a build it puts script
call run-insight.sh in the build directory, instead of typing ./gdb
you type ./run-insight.sh.  All the script is doing is settting
the correct *_LIBRARY before running gdb.

You wouldn't have to do an install just to run insight from the build
directory.  I'm trying to avoid disturbing people's normal development
style.

Ian.
--
What would Jenna Bush do?