Re: [Fwd: [RFA] Dependency of gdb on tcl/tk]

Andrew,

Oops, I forgot about sending this to insight instead of gdb.

Anyhow, you made a good point.  My fixes really don't address
the problem of dependency on insight sources bein present.  I noticed
this when I tried to configure from a directory where I hadn't
checked out insight and tried "configure --enable-gdbtk".  However,
it failed the same way with or without my patch (it stops with
some ugly message about not finding Itcl).

I could envision a friendlier message, but that would require
configure to be a whole lot smarter at interpreting what
was wrong with the underlying source directory.

> For GDB, the only thing I can think of is that the dependency be
> conditional on insight sources being present.

John