Re: PATCH: Tix fix for dllexport via TCL_STORAGE_CLASS

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Mo DeJong wrote:

> Here is a little patch that does effect Insight.
> This will fix the dllimport modifier used by the EXTERN
> keyword in tix. This was broken in tix but Tcl 8.0
> did not make use of the dllexport modifiers to
> function declarations so it did not matter. When tix
> is compiled with Tcl 8.3 this blows up rather badly.
> This patch has been tested with Cygwin gcc under Windows
> so I think it is safe to add.

I don't know who actually controls this stuff, but I guess that I would
have some say in it...

I don't see anything obvious that would raise a red flag. If it works, it
works. Go for it.

Besides, if it turns problematic, I'll just have to ramp up my effort at
dumping tix out of the repository (or at least insight)! :-)