problems displaying source for powerpc Insight on cygwin

I just compiled the insight 5.0 sources under cygwin for use as a cross
debugger for a powerpc-eabi target.  I am connecting to the target via
remote/TCP from my win2k machine.

The problem is that I cannot get the source to display.  Occasionally
the source comes up when I start a debugging session but it disappears
as soon as I try to go to a different module and then it never comes
back.  The file browser in the lower left shows all the correct file
names, but I get an error whenever I pick one of them.  The error is
"couldn't stat filename: no such file or directory."

I used dir to set the correct search path using both cygwin
(/cygdrive/c/...) notation and normal dos (c:/...) notation, but neither
works.  I even get the error for files that are in my current directory.

I can open the gdb command window and do a 'list' with no trouble.  It
finds the source files in my current directory and in the other
directories in the source file path, but the Insight source window
remains blank.

What is going on?  Why can gdb find my source files to provide a
listing, but Insight cannot?

thanks,
marc