Re: Building Insight on Cygwin (bad interpreter)

Sorry for the delay... I've been out of town (yes, I actually took an
airplane), and I'm just getting up to speed again.

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 peter.betts@hmse.com wrote:

> I have insight-5_0.tar.gz un-tarred within Cygwin using "tar zxvf
> insight-5_0_tar.gz" to insight-5.0 and am now ready to install.

Please try checking out the 5.1 branch and building it. Believe me when I
say you'll be much, much happier that you did.

> "It is now possible to automatically configure and build a variety of
> tools with one command.  To build all of the tools contained herein,
> run the ``configure'' script here, e.g.:
>
>         ./configure
>         make
> "
>
> but I get the following 'bad interpreter" error whenever I try to run
> configure, config.sub or any such install proceedures.

I don't know where the above quote comes from, and it may work, but I
never do it that way. I _always_ build in a separate directory. This keeps
the source directories unaltered, which allows me to build multiple
Insights/gdbs for different targets/hosts.

> $ ./configure
> bash: ./configure: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

What does "ls -l /bin/sh" show?