Re: More screen shots...

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Fernando Nasser wrote:

> I would not find it that bad if we could solve the binding problem with
> keys in the source window (if the focus is not in the pane the keys
> won't
> work).  If that was fixed (is it already?) we could bind a key to Find
> Again
> as you suggest.

I think Nick Duffek checked in a patch a while ago which fixed this. I
haven't had any problems with this in recent memory. Anyone on the list
having problems with this??

> I guess it would look more "contemporary".  The current preferences dialog
> doesn't offend me much though.  DO you hate it for some reason or is it just
> a question of style?

Generally, no, I do not hate the preferences dialogs, except the font
chooser one. That stupid RED dialog box that comes up while searching for
fonts. There must be an easier/faster way to get a list of the fixed and
list of fonts to display, checking if the font actually exists before
stuffing it into the window.

Aside from that, I don't have too much a problem. Stylistically, though, I
would like to consolidate the preferences into one place, but this means
that we'd have to reconcile multiple windows with this, since we could
have multiple source, memory, etc windows, each with unique preferences.
We could link the auxiliary windows to the parent source window, thereby
linking their preferences...

Ugh, this is too much for me right now. I still would prefer using a
common preferences access point a la navigator. I think this is a good
interface and users are used to it.

Of course, there are much bigger fish to fry, too!