Re: *** No rule to make... libtk8.0.a ???

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Rob Faulds wrote:

> It BOMBS trying to make some tk 8.0 library archive (see below).
>
> I tried to install (rpm-i) the tk-8.3.1-53.i386.rpm but was informed
> that it was up-to-date.

You must presently use the versions of tcl, tk, itcl, and tix that are
included in the tarball. Therefore, I would not recommend installing
Insight with --prefix=/usr, since this will conflict with the versions of
tcl, tk, etc that may be installed on your system. I normally install
Insight in /usr/local.

As for your build problem, try running make and then make install. I have
downloaded the tarball and verified that this works on my Red Hat 7.0
machine.