Re: configure error in itcl

> I have now tried this myself and removed tcl.hpj unconditionally, not
> knowing how Keith would do it in his patch just for cygwin. Ironically,
> I'm now back to my original problem:

You should be able to remove that file name or do a `touch tcl.hpj.in` and
then run configure again. This is odd because it is not a fatal error on my box.

> checking for Tcl configuration... found
> /cygdrive/c/stefan/build/tcl/unix/tclConfig.sh
>configure: error: The TCL_LIB_SUFFIX variable is not defined
>configure: error: ../../../src/itcl/itcl/configure failed for itcl
>Configure in /cygdrive/c/stefan/build/itcl failed, exiting.
>
> I'm running in circles, it seems. Can anyone help? Mo? Keith?

The itcl configure should not load tclConfig.sh out of the tcl/unix subdirectory. That file should not even exist when building under Windows. Blow away your entire build directory and start over, that should fix the problem. If it does not, make sure you generated a new tcl/win/configure script with autoconf 2.13.

cheers
Mo